question

james-e avatar image
james-e asked

Quattro 8kVA hum when on main power

Hi, my 8kVA quatrro has very noticeable hum when on mains power. I can not yet find a pattern, but if I isolate mains, no noise add mains in = noise.

It sounds like a torroid or transformer hum, the frequency is stable at 50Hz, the voltage around 253 VAC.

To me the slightly high mains voltage should not make anything hum, any thoughts out there or similar experiences?

Regards

NMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi, With out more details my guess would be that its Quattro is working quite hard charging the batteries

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james-e avatar image james-e commented ·

Thanks Paul, but it's not that, batteries 100% soc

I have not seen any link between low load or higher load either

All I can see is sometimes (yet to find actual pattern) when mains is available it hums... My question was is there any reason for a voltage higher than 240 to cause that

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

I recently asked the same question about my Multiplus.

Apparently it is the Charger part of the unit that hums in our cases.

See my Comment to the Accepted Answer at my post:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/107607/why-does-my-mutliplus-hum-stain-with-ac-power-and.html

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic