question

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman asked

VRM Duplicating Multiplus II Device with Raspberry Pi

Why am I seeing duplicates of my Multiplus II showing up in VRM? I have tried deleting the duplicates but they come back.

VRMVenus OS
1555922708438.png (51.6 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey @warwick, can you post a screenshot of your device list on VRM?

Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Unfortunately, I already deleted the out of date instances.

I get the feeling these duplicates are created when the rPi is rebooted.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

I’m not sure whats going on.

It happening on reboot would mean that it gets a higher ttyUSB assigned on every reboot.

0 Likes 0 ·
hummingbear avatar image hummingbear Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

@warwick did you ever find resolution to this? I'm having the same issue and it kills my data/graphs if I want to look at them over a time span

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

I’m experience the same for a longer period. Running ESS on an Rpi. So all graphs go faulty.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

I just noticed that too:

van.png (89.1 KiB)
2 |3000

tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

I'm not yet so far to know how i can stop it from happening, but i found out that some rpi's are disconnecting the usb from now and than. So its looks like it is not a venus probem, but a rpi problem. Some people who using their rpi's in other systems also experienced short disconnects of the usb, witch in venus case gives the devices a new instance. (some said its because overpowering the usb and used an externe powered usb hub to stop it from happening). not yet that far, but this is what i found until now.

2 |3000

nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

I just did an update for my MPPT's firmware through VRM remote firmware and I just got a duplicate device. I'm also running a pi, just an FYI.

devices.png (37.6 KiB)
2 |3000