question

Stephen A Ellerbrake avatar image
Stephen A Ellerbrake asked

Has anyone tried to connect a Honda EU7000is generator to a Multi-Plus?

I am specifically wondering about using the auto-start feature since the generator has electric start. Honda does make a remote start kit so I think it might be possible.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Stephen A Ellerbrake

What size Multiplus do you have? a 3000VA version shouldn't be a problem, a 5k unit might also work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deebot avatar image
deebot answered ·

The Honda remote start kit does not work since it is not a two wire start system. I installed a kit from genstart.ca and it worked perfectly on the EU7000is. I used the relay on a Color Control GX connected to a 5kVA Quattro to start the generator, but any two wire start AUX control will do the job. Only problem was when generator runs out of gas, the control module keeps trying to start it which kills the little starting battery.

2 |3000