question

Jonny Sollid avatar image
Jonny Sollid asked

Color GX relay start/stop wind generator.

Does anyone have experience with start / stop and control of wind generator using relay in Color GX?
For stopping a wind generator, cables must be crossed and, for start-up, connected to the battery. Consider using a standard 40a relay (87 / 87a) for easy installation. It had been better with solid state relay, but I have not found relay with such a function, just on / off. Rele must handle the load of minimum 40a.
CCGX Color ControlRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jonnys

You need a wind generator controller suited for the wind generator you have for this.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid commented ·

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Wind turbine regulator costs about 500euro and I will only use wind generator when I am on a boat trip and consumption is then much greater an effect from wind generator and battery is at 600ah so no danger of overcharging.

Can color gx supply enough power for relay? what is the max current on relay output on color GX?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic