question

rallyhagge avatar image
rallyhagge asked

How to find out WAN adress from VRM Portal or CCGX only?

I'm far away from my installation and the WAN IP seems to have been switched out. The CCGX is still reporting to the VRM Portal and I can access the CCGX Remote Console through VRM Potal, but I need to find out my new WAN IP to access my Node Red configuration. Is this possible without accessing SSH on the CCGX (which, as far as I know, can't do through the VRM Portal).

VRMCCGX Color Controlremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rallyhagge avatar image
rallyhagge answered ·

To be clear: I can't access my router from where I am.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

If Remote Console is working correctly that should be accessible via Settings > Ethernet.

Or even Device List > Gateway on the main VRM screen.

Both work for my occasionally floating wan IP (not Victron's fault), but can't speak for your system..

1 comment
2 |3000

rallyhagge avatar image rallyhagge commented ·

Doesnt seem so. There's only the local LAN ip.

I was hoping for a VRM portal log or something.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Sorry, I read your question wrong. My bad.

Your ISP and Victron would know, but may not want to disclose it for security reasons without verification of your bona fides.

In the longer term you may need to cough for a fixed address (if actually available) from your ISP.

2 |3000