question

fred-w avatar image
fred-w asked

multiplus 3000 not charging batteries

Hi,

I've been using the victron multiplus 3000 in conjunction with two BYD B-Plus L 2.5 in a trailer to take power from grid (16A 230V). But two days ago, the multiplus has stopped charging the batteries and the batteries are completely out of battery at the moment.

On the front of the MP I can see the "low battery" light is flashing but on the control panel it shows the battery is at 100%, as shown in the picture. And I also suspect it is not taking any power from grid...

I've tested the grid power is the supply is fine. I've also tried switching the MP off and on again but nothing changed. Are there any reasons causing this? Could you suggest ways to fix this please?

Many thanks,

Fred

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

I think you should first try and work out why the Multiplus is not getting a suitable mains input - your picture shows that the "Mains On" LED is off. Is there a circuit breaker that has tripped?

EDIT: See https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box (section 10.1) for information on how the BMS in BYD batteries can give an invalid reading.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.