question

beau avatar image
beau asked

Hello Victron community,

Hello Victron Community

I installed a 12v Easy Solar unit recently and am now experiencing some worrying problems with it.

The 16a RCD switch which I wired the sockets into started crackling violently and sounded like it was trying to arc and set fire to the unit. I isolated the issue and found it to be internal and not due to my wiring.

I contacted the company who sold me the unit and they are being incredibly unhelpful, telling me the only option I have is to disconnect the unit and take it to my nearest victron distributer for them to send off.

Unfortunately this is not an option as it'll leave my boat without any power.

My question to this forum is, is there an email address for Victron which will help me sort this issue out, and also, is sending the unit off for testing the only option I have?

Thanks in advance,

Beau

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Beau. A step up from your dealer might be one of these guys: https://www.victronenergy.com/contact depending on your country.

If you're sure it's just the RCD, any local sparky could fix it, and an arrangement likely could be made without having to return it. Yours is a lightweight, mine weighs 48kg. And I'd be annoyed having to return it 600km.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

beau avatar image beau commented ·

Hi John,

Thank you very much for that information. Still trying to sort the issue out but I feel confident that something positive will arise from it.

Beau

0 Likes 0 ·