question

energy-freedom avatar image
energy-freedom asked

limit inverter power with feed-in excess solarcharger power

hi this is ESS system with 5kVAnmultiplus II and 250/100 charge controller and BYD lithium battery.

Why multi is converting as much as he can with plenty excess power (battery full and 5kW from solar ) even I select "limit inverter power" to lets say 1kW ?

this limit is only for supplying house loads ? do not work for export ? Multi will be exporting all he can with "feed-in excess solar power"selected ?

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
energy-freedom avatar image
energy-freedom answered ·

I am just asking if "LIMIT INVERTER POWER" in ESS should limit it even I have "FEED-IN EXCESS SOLAR CHARGER POWER" selected ?

I have 6s4p 300wp modules via 250/100 MPPT to BYD 5kWh battery and multiplus 2 5kVA ... single phase import export meter and venus gx. thank you ...

if i limit inverter power i will not be able to export ALL solar charger power but thats what i would like to do

thank you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

This limit applies to the total inverter power, so also for house loads.
Only when there is no grid available, this limit will be ignored to supply all loads on the output of the inverter.

The only way to limit grid power is to set a current limit in the Multi, but this works both ways, so also limits the amount of power drawn from the grid.

2 |3000