question

debit avatar image
debit asked

Please verify MPT 75/15 Factory Default setting is correct for my lead battery

I don't know anything about electricity, so just want to verify that Victron Connect's app Factory Default setting is correct for my Interstate Group 27 lead battery shown here https://www.interstatebatteries.com/products/srm-27

The factory default settings are described as Gel Deep Cycle(2), there isn't one for flooded or lead. The settings are

Absorption 14.4, Float 13.8, Equalization 16.20, Time 6 hours, Automatic equalization Disabled.

Are these ok? Thanks so much.

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniel avatar image
Daniel answered ·

I have nearly the same Settings. For Absorption i use 14.8V. Works fine for me since almost 1,5 Years. And you should do an Equalization Charge once in a while to reduce acid coating (i hope this is what i mean).

-Daniel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

debit avatar image
debit answered ·

I don't know how to do an equalization charge, which several of you have mentioned. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

1 comment
2 |3000

Daniel avatar image Daniel commented ·

If you go in the App on your MPPT Controller. Then in Settings to Battery there is a Button (Blue) to start equalization.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic