question

tzdansker avatar image
tzdansker asked

Virtual switch

Hello - I have a system with 3 x 5KVA Multiplus which has been running great for couple of years - suddenly the Virtual switch is not working - any ideas? - I haven changed any settings - except after I found it not to work I changed a few values just to see if any change

victron products
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Can you give more details, like what you had it doing, and what you changed?

0 Likes 0 ·
tzdansker avatar image tzdansker commented ·

Switch was used to disconnect batteries once discharged and switch to mains - have 13kW panels with chargers - I only changed the voltage settings by 0.2 V to see if that made any difference (virtual switch was set to 46.5vDC I changed to 46.3) - it’s been working flawless for 2-3 years but now onviously I have to run manually via a change over switch to make sure my batteries are not discharged too much

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ tzdansker commented ·

Can you please take a screenshot of the exact settings as shown in VEConfigure?

It sounds strange to “disconnect the batteries”, I am presuming you mean leave them connected, but no discharge them below a certain voltage and instead connect the AC input to run the loads.

Have you looked at ESS functions, it may do exactly what you want (and better) than the virtual switch?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

@Tzdansker

Has this been resolved?

Please report back.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

austino avatar image austino commented ·

Hello,

I am having the same issue with a client. The internal transfer switch stopped working. I loaded the ESS assistant settings in the inverter however I dont see the menu options for the ESS on the CCGX. I also have no option but to advise the client to switch manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
austino avatar image austino austino commented ·

hello @Tzdansker ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic