question

imo avatar image
imo asked

Remote VEConfigure error on upload

Hi. I have a site with Quattro 48/5000, SmartSolar 250/100, CCGX, BMV 712, 5280W Solar Panels and 615AH Trojan AGM Battery. My issue is when I try to make adjustment to the Quattro using Remote VEConfigure on my VRM portal I get an error while trying to upload. Is there anything I'm not doing right? Please help.

VRMVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @imo

Did you get it to work?

You might have the same file opened twice, preventing a file save.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

henk-volkers avatar image
henk-volkers answered ·

Dear @imo,

Did you solve the problem? I have the same issue and can't find a solution? Could you give me some advice?

kind regards Henk

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@imo, I have had a similar issue and found that that if the multi firmware changed and I used a previously created file on an older firmware, it failed. I simply downloaded a new config file from the multi and made changes in it and uploaded fine after.

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I get this all the time. but have a fix

if you download the file and then open it you get this issue

If you download the file and save it (say to downloads ) then open it, its then fine

The cause, when you open the file directly the file is made RO and there for you cant write back to it.

if you find the file then go to properties and change it FROM Read only (RO) to Read Write (RW) then that also fixes the issue

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

The files were older saved versions and not opened but just uploaded after a firmware upgrade. Your problem and work around makes sense, however not in my case.

0 Likes 0 ·