question

selah avatar image
selah asked

Mid-point Time-to-go?

I have installed BMV 712 with a 420 Ah house battery bank and a 55Ah starter/Aux battery. Everything appears okay except one read-out which I do not understand: looking at the display modes, when I come to the "Time-to-go" display I get the mid-point characters (as shown on p.5 of the manual, under 1.2 b), instead of getting any kind of number as shown on p. 8. What am I missing or not understanding?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
Hello Selay, ( @Selah)

Can you sent a photo of this?

Can you check which firmware is in the unit?

best regards
Martijn Coster

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

selah avatar image
selah answered ·

Paging through the manual on p.8, it says that the results for "Time-to-go" would be the estimated remaining hours to reach the discharge floor. But look what it shows. This was done will the battery bank was in float at 100% charge.

h.jpg (959.8 KiB)
manual-p.jpg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

This stands for INFINITE.

When this appears on BMV, there is more power going into the battery than out. So The Time To Go is infinite.

2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Excellent! The power of pictures!!
This question had me scratching my head for a long time. I never thought for a second that it could be saying INF.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

mee too :o)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic