question

mnoneleli avatar image
mnoneleli asked

VE.bus SOC vs System overview SOC on VRM data report

Hi everyone ,

I would like to know why is the VE.bus SOC differ to that of system overview ? which one should I used .

VRMVE.Bus
1562072416182.png (29.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Do you have another source of SOC information in the system?

For example a Victron BMV or an managed lithium battery with a CANbus connection?

Generally speaking, you should use the System State of Charge, as it will select the one of highest priority automatically (or be overridden via the menu setting within the GX device).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mnoneleli avatar image mnoneleli commented ·

Hi Guy ,

I do not have any external sensor that gives me the SOC .All the infor i get is directly from the VRM data report. My problem is that the System overview information does not have all power flow information for DC or AC side of the inverter / charger. And, I am not sure where the sensors for monitoring are positioned.

ACTUALLY , I THOUGHT THAT THE INFORMATION REPORTED BY VRM DATA REPORT UNDER SYSTEM OVERVIEW IS JUST INFORMATION FROM THE VE.BUS THAT HAS BEEN AVERAGED OVER FOR THE PURPOSE OF REPORTING . MY LOGIC IS THAT ALL SENSOR THAT ACQUIRE INFORMATION( CURRENT AND VOLTAGE) FOR MPPT CHARGER AND MULTI ARE UNDER VE.BUS .

Below is a schematic diagram of the system with indications of where I THINK THE SENSORS ARE LOCATED TO MONITOR THE POWER FLOWS .NB: THE GRID TIE INVERTER ON THE AC SIDE OF THE MULTIPLUS IS THE SMA SUNNY BOY 4000TL

0 Likes 0 ·