question

mikeb avatar image
mikeb asked

Ve Bus Error 17 with CCGX?

Hi

Can I ask a question to all the guys with intermittent Ve Bus Error 17 ‘s

Do you have a gx installed ?

And how are you all restarting the system after the error?

I have a colour Gx running the latest firmware 2.30 and 2 10kva quattros on a Byd b box setup

Before the error there is nothing to suggest why the master turns off

And I am able to restart the system on the VRM via the remote inverter on off

Regards

Mike

VE.BusBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Mike,

There was indeed an issue with the CCGX and systems with more than one Multi.

There is a fix available. Currently being tested as a release candidate:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/22580/venus-os-v2323-available-for-testing.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

Hi

I have been made aware of the update but haven’t installed it yet

The reason being is the last error I had was on the 28th of may 3 weeks after replacing the inverters for two new ones

The system was reset on the 28 th of may and on the 2nd of June some ferrite’s places on the ac inputs and outputs of the inverters see pictures and have not had it error to this present date?? Which to note is the longest time between error 17’s

The ferrite’s on the Venus cables were there previously and didn’t stop the error 17

So not sure if I have found a fix at all by doing what I have done

As perviously I was able to get it to error 17 within 10 mins with only a AC to dc adaptor plugged in (which I find to much of a coincidence.

Will update to the full 2.32 firmware when it officially comes available but want to see how long the fix I have lasts

Regards

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·