question

ahw avatar image
ahw asked

From the ModbusTCP-list I get that it is possible to connect at least 5 Carlo Gavazzi energy meters to a CCGX (UnitID's 30 to 34). Where and how can I set where each meter is located in the installation and what it is measuring?

I am re-installing a MultiPlus as an ESS-system where it initially was designed/configured as a OffGrid system. There is an energy meter on AC1 to measure incoming AC coupled solar.

I set the ESS for 'No Grid meter' but still it is taking the solar meter as input for power balancing, leading to trying to charge the batteries from the grid even when they are almost full and plenty of solar is available.

Disconnecting the meter from the CCGX got rid of this behavior.

ESSEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You set the role of each energy meter in the CCGX memu.
Settings -> Energy Meters -> Meter -> Role
Choose the Role, there are three roles. If you choose "PV Inverter" then you need to select its position, either an AC Input or AC Output.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ahw avatar image
ahw answered ·

Thanks, totally missed this option. Seems to have been set incorrect from the beginning...

2 |3000