question

martinkem avatar image
martinkem asked

Fisher Panda auto-start from CCGX.

The CCGX and Fisher Panda i-generator is set up via FP-BUS to VE.CAN adapter cable. The auto-start function of the generator is enabled, but it is not possible to use the auto-start function from the CCGX. It is only possible to start the generator manually, when entering the Fisher Panda gen-set via the device list of the CCGX.

Is it only possible to use the gen-set auto-start feature via the CCGX relay output?

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes the CCGX gen autostart feature does use the that relay on the CCGX its usually NO and on activation its closed.

On the Fisher panda if its the one that has the small display you connect the relay to the back of that display, there is a connection for it that I have used . if the connect is closed then the fisher panda starts if its opened then it stops.

Its all in the Fisher Panda Manual

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martinkem avatar image
martinkem answered ·

Thanks for the answer.

I am aware, it is possible to do this via the relay output of the CCGX and the connection to pin 6/7 on the Fischer Panda icontrol panel.

Thing is, I have a CAN connection from the CCGX via a Fischer Panda SAEJ1939 Communication Interface to the icontrol as deschribed in the CCGX manual.

The manual also says, it should be possible to use the autostart when connecting like this, but maybe I have misunderstood.

I have not routed the cable from the relay, because i did not believe it was necessary. It is all build into a pretty big boat with a long distance between the CCGX and Fischer Panda.

2 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi Martin, As far as I know The Gen Auto start only activates the relay, Also the Gen autostart options ONLY appear once the relay option is selected so this to me points to only the relay can be used ,

the Can bus is the same as NMEA2000 protocol and as such there would have to be different PGNs for generator Start and Stop or something similar, and I have never seen any of these settings mentioned anywhere. This does not mean there is not any is just I myself am not aware on any.

If you do find out how to do it through the Can Bus please post the instructions here as I would also be interested.

0 Likes 0 ·
claudioita avatar image claudioita commented ·
Hi any update on this?

I am also trying to understand, on one hand it's written that pin 6-7 are the auto start feature, so a simple relay would do the trick, but then on the manual it mentioned a (very expensive) SAE J1939 communication interface of which I did not understand the use for?

Is not just way easier to use a relay of the Victron system(I have a Cerbo GX) directly to the pin 6-7?

Or am I missing something??

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·