question

Stephen Otto avatar image
Stephen Otto asked

Where to purchase a V-Sense Cable?

I have done a pretty thorough internet search and have not been able to find a vendor that sells the V-Sense cable which, for some reason, Victron does not include with new multiplus purchases (T-Sense IS included, surprisingly). Any ideas? Is it possible to "roll your own"?

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingwiringvoltage
img-0080.jpg (565.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm not so sure you'd find one for sale. It is literally a piece of twin cable (red and black) with appropriate terminals on each end. You could roll your own. I dare say that's the expectation, as with most of the other cabling accessories highlighted in that section.
I'd still put an appropriately rated inline fuse at the end close to the battery, just to be safe.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stephen Otto avatar image Stephen Otto commented ·

Thanks. What wire gauge would you suggest? It looks like the T-sense might be around 18 AWG. Should the gauge be about the same as the T-sense cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stephen Otto avatar image Stephen Otto commented ·

Ooops just found it in the manual. .75mm which does indeed convert to 18 awg.

0 Likes 0 ·
kcsbk avatar image
kcsbk answered ·

Any reason why I can't cut the sensor lug off a ASS000100000 "Victron Energy Battery Temperature Sensor for BMV-702 & BMV-712 Monitors", and use the remaining cable (which includes an in-line fuse) for the V-sense cable for the MultiPlus?

2 |3000

Related Resources