question

nate-costello avatar image
nate-costello asked

Where can I find the product number for my Smart Solar MPPT (its not easily accessible physically)? Is it possible to translate the serial number to a part number to check compatibility (serial is available from the connect app)?

I really hope the only way to find it is not on the back of the unit which would require major disassembly of my electrical system. I'm trying to figure out if mine is compatible with the VE smart products.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The part number lable is on the right side of the unit on the black alloy plate area.

thats when you are looking at the main blue face of the unit

well thats were it is on my unit anyway

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nate-costello avatar image nate-costello commented ·

Thank you! Right where you said: here.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Nate. If it sez "Smart" on the front then it's relatively new, and compatible. Just let it update firmware and it should do what you want.

1 comment
2 |3000

nate-costello avatar image nate-costello commented ·

@JohnC The VE.Smart documentation here, states that there are versions "Smart Solar" products that aren't compatible. Mine says smart on the front, but I'd like to verify before I spend.

0 Likes 0 ·