question

DANNY H MAESEN avatar image
DANNY H MAESEN asked

Feedback on the new VRM widget layout for Macbook Air 13" screen

Hello, I work with a Macbook Air 13" and recently the layout for the widgets on the VRM Site have been changed, it seems that on the Macbook in Safari, the layout from 3 widgets in a row, does not fully fit anymore, besides that, it is a very unclear and non practical layout anymore, widgets cannot be moved anymore, and the setup from the widgets is chaotic, before we could organise the widgets the way we wanted, for example when you have 6 MPPT Chargers, you could organise the widgets per categorie, like all the PV Yields one under each other, all the PV Voltages and Currents under each other and so on, this was very practical and easy to manage and to find eventually system failures. Now its all very unclear, specially on a laptop, if you want to study a widget, you have to separately open it and its a hassle to do and get it back organised. I don't find this an improvement.

Kind regards,

Danny

VRM
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

Hi Danny,

Thanks for reporting, I just checked this on Safari on the 13" Macbook Air resolution (1280x800), and it's working fine over here. Do you have a screenshot of this behaviour?

0 Likes 0 ·
DANNY H MAESEN avatar image DANNY H MAESEN Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

yes, I have screenshot attached, my window is stretched but the first column is not complete on it, you see the A from advanced is also missing,

0 Likes 0 ·
Tim from Eat Sleep Van avatar image Tim from Eat Sleep Van commented ·

You know you can now drag a widget to be wider on the bottom right corner? e.g.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
DANNY H MAESEN answered ·

some of the widgets are also overlapping,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

My experiences with Win10:
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/20541/updated-advanced-page-on-the-vrm-portal.html?childToView=20628#comment-20628

I can't test Mac/Safari. Try rolling your browser zoom away from 100%, both up and down.

Your issue is a little different to mine, but I can seem to largely get what I want with 75% on MS Edge or 90% on Firefox. I can actually retain the old layout by leaving both browsers on 100%.

Also try mousing/dragging on the little triangle on the lower rhs of each widget.

I've no idea why this exists as an issue, maybe caching or something like that. Beyond my end-user status..

1 comment
2 |3000

Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

@JohnC You seem to have a separate problem, which is not reproducible for us so far and also didn't occur for other people. I'll send you an e-mail so we can get this fixed for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
DANNY H MAESEN answered ·

I opened the VRM in the Brave browser and here everything works fine, I can easy manage the widgets and organise like I want, I also have full view on all the widgets, so its seems to be a Safari compatibility issue. My Safari version is 12.1, so if anyone has the same issues, this browser works fine

2 |3000

Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

@DANNY H MAESEN Thank you for the screenshot, that helped a lot! Judging from the screenshot it appears that you have zoomed out the page, which is hard to see in Safari because it does not show up in the address bar. Pressing CMD + 0 will fix your issue!

2 |3000