question

rvliving avatar image
rvliving asked

No option to change pin in VictronConnect App

Despite what the manual states, when I go into the product info page on the IOS and MacOS app there is no option to change the PIN for the device. Has anyone successfully changed the PIN in one of these apps?

software
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi RVliving,

Apologies, there was a bug. We have fixed it, submitted it to the App stores and are waiting for them to approve the new version.

It should be any time now.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rvliving avatar image rvliving commented ·

Thanks! So we are looking for version 6.7 with the fix?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ rvliving commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
antiguasky avatar image antiguasky commented ·

I’ve updated to 5.7 and am still unable to see a change PIN option for my BMV-712.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ antiguasky commented ·

Thanks for reporting.

0 Likes 0 ·
ucdailoi avatar image
ucdailoi answered ·

Jun 16 2019 Unable to change pin number.. I have an Mac Notebook Pro that is up to date.. I have just acquired the Smart solar MPPT 75/15...

4 comments
2 |3000

Can you please confirm the Version number of VictronConnect you are using?

0 Likes 0 ·
ucdailoi avatar image ucdailoi Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I am using the SmartSolar Charge Controller 75/15

I updated the software last night.

When I saw the command to ‘reset the pin’ I understood it to mean I could add my own pin.. But it literally reset it to 000000

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ ucdailoi commented ·

Changing the PIN and Resetting the PIN are different features.

Are you following these instructions to change the PIN?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#changing_the_bluetooth_smart_pin_code

0 Likes 0 ·
ucdailoi avatar image ucdailoi Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I have only connected the 12 volt power in order to configure the settings. That may indeed be the issue. I shall try again when the device is properly hooked up.

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic