question

Christian Hartenstein avatar image
Christian Hartenstein asked

Load randomly disconnecting

Hi,

I have been using a MPPT 100/15 Bluetooth controller for the past week and starting yesterday the the controller has been randomly disconnecting the load. After noticing the load is off, when I open up the Victron connect app and the Bluetooth connects, the load switches back on. It happens in every load setting even “always on” I have been doing some research but can’t find any answers. Please help!

Thanks!

software
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mathijs avatar image mathijs commented ·

I have a similar issue, the load is ON when nothing is connected to it. If I connect something, even an inverter that is turned off, the load switches to OFF immediately.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi @Mathijs,

running an inverter on the load terminals of a MPPT is not possible. The inrush current will be too high and trigger the inbuilt protection. This is the reason, why it will not run.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image
adev answered ·

what loads are you running? could it be drawring too much current?

3 comments
2 |3000

Christian Hartenstein avatar image Christian Hartenstein commented ·

Hi adev,

Currently all im powering is a Dometic portable fridge. It draws around 5amps.

It seems like its a software issue? Because the controller connects the load as soon as I open up the app.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
mathijs avatar image mathijs Christian Hartenstein commented ·

This software carries some nasty bugs for sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
markvanloon avatar image markvanloon Christian Hartenstein commented ·

I have the same problem, even with no load. When I'm connecting a simple 12 led lamp no problems with the load (0,6A). Connecting a inverter (with no load) the load switches On & Off (blinking)? Solutions?

0 Likes 0 ·
iostrym avatar image
iostrym answered ·

Hello I guess I have the same issue with my smartsolar 100/20 with an inverter connected to load output. When I switch on my inverted, the inverter can't start even if nothing is connected to the inverter. It works great with my precedent charger.

2 |3000

iostrym avatar image
iostrym answered ·

an inverter. I saw a youtube video that show that inverter could have a current peak on startup (30A is possible), this may be the cause of my problem. it is a shame to have only 20A on load output... my previous was 40A...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic