question

solartronics avatar image
solartronics asked

Charge controller not producing what it should

I have a Easysolar 5000 with lead acid batteries and I can grid feed. I am running ESS with keep batteries charged. I have set the float voltage to 54V and the float voltage on the charge controller .4V higher. I have 5.28kWp PV installed, but the PV production only goes up to roughly 3kW at 10AM and then drops to 2.5kW till the late afternoon. When I discharge the batteries a bit the PV opens up but only until the batteries are charged again. The system rarely grid feeds more than 2kW. I have tried changing the ESS setting to optimized and cycling the batteries to 95% but the solar still doesn't open up. Grid setpoint set to -5500W. Tried with and without DVCC, no success. Any suggestions?

ESSsmart solar set-up helpsensor
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please confirm the firmware versions of each of the components of the EasySolar, Eg MPPT, Multi, CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·
solartronics avatar image solartronics Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I updated all of the firmware

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B solartronics commented ·

please advise the firmware version for the easaysolar and the other items

I need to 100% know you have the latest. sorry to be a pain but I get caught to many times.

Then I would suggest you get connected to the victron VRM and we can then have a look.

post your VRM number and someone will request a connection .

or post a copy of all your assistants

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

no answer to last reply's in apr just moving out of unanswered questions

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic