question

Martin Gasthuber avatar image
Martin Gasthuber asked

Peak power rating of new Multiplus II (48V 5000) vs non II model

In order to see if the new Multiplus II (48V 5000) is a working replacement for my existing Multiplus 5000 I've done some detailed comparisons based on available numbers.

One remaining topics i haven't been able to answert myself is how the new and old are comparable with regards to the 'starting current' behaviour.

My 5000 today works perfectly, but i haven't found indications if and how this could also be expected from the Multiplus II

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I presume you mean the inrush when you connect the battery.

The MP II Its basically the same inrush as the Multiplus unit. as far as I know

if you mean the overload start curent for motors then thgis is the same as the Multiplus as well

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin Gasthuber answered ·

Hi Paul,

sorry my fault - i was talking about the AC-OUT when switching on i.e. AC motors etc. which usually have peak currents i know the 3000 systems have problems with - with the 5000 (the old one) in operation, all works nicely but i'm not sure the MPII will do that in the same way.

2 |3000

Martin Gasthuber answered ·

Hi Paul,

thanks for the info - are you aware of any other differences beside the ones already in the comparison sheet published ? Of course there is now confomance to the German VDE yet, but i assume that this is underway and will take a few more weeks to show up.

-- Martin

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000