question

crunch42 avatar image
crunch42 asked

VictronConnect suggestion - don't auto-connect

When I turn on the VictronConnect app (iOS), it immediately tries to connect with the last connected Victron device. However, if I'm outside of the bluetooth range, instead of showing me the data from the last connected session, it immediately tries connecting and in so doing it obscures the data from the last connected session. So, for example, if I looked at the history data while standing next to the device, but then I walk 50 feet to my house, I'm unable to view the history data unless I go back and physically stand next to the device again. There should be an option to NOT attempt to auto-connect to the Victron device when you first turn on the app, so that you can review the most recently connected history data. As it is, I can only look at the history if I'm standing next to the device, and I'm not able to do it after I've moved outside of bluetooth range. Super annoying. This is for a charge controller, I don't know how it behaves for other devices.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi The Blue tooth app only holds data for a currently connected device at this stage,

so if you move out of range you will loose the connection and thus the data as well.

Sorry but thats currently how it works / Maybe in a furture release it may hold the last readings it had,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image
adev answered ·

I agree it would be much more practical if this was handled differently, for example a yellow warning icon or similar in the corner showing the app is not connected, but allowing you to still view the last retrieved data.

It’s also quite irritating that the app only stays connected while the app is active in the foreground (at least on iOs) so that if I swithch to say my photos, or web browser and switch back even a second later, it has to reconnect to the device again. It would be a much smoother and more practically useful experience if this all happened more fludily with an appropriate visual indicator for instances where reconnection is not possible/connection is lost...

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi both, noted!

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
adev avatar image adev mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Nice :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources