question

vincent avatar image
vincent asked

Fronius L1/L2 assignments

2 Quattro in 120/240 (first L1+N, second L2+N)

2 Fronius 120/240 in parallel (each has L1, L2, and N)

CCGX sees the Quattro as one system

CCGX sees the two Fronius as separate inverters

In the "PV Inverters" config I have to assign the PV inverters to a phase:

But of course this makes no sense, because both Fronius inverters operate across both phases.

I feel like this is throwing off the zero feed-in and phase compensation features, as well as the reporting.

If I go into one of the inverters to look at the power:

1575W is the total power that inverter is making on both phases. ESS is counting it all towards phase 2.

ESSFronius
1556732868670.png (33.1 KiB)
1556733118905.png (18.5 KiB)
1556733300626.png (34.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi Vincent

Just checking are the 2 quattros on the Latest 459 Firmware. if not could you please upgrade them and see if you still get the issue

0 Likes 0 ·
vincent avatar image vincent Paul B commented ·

They are on 459

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

See point 2.2 of this document:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:ccgx_fronius?

You have to configure them as 'split phase'

And make sure all components have the latest firmware installed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vincent avatar image vincent commented ·

Wish it was that easy. I do not have a "multiphase" option, else I would have selected it! Latest firmware on everything.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Vincent, Boekel asked me to help. I made a support case for it; and just now I noticed you sent one in yourself as well already; right?

It will be looked at by an engineer. Hopefully tomorrow; and otherwise Monday.

Thank you for the patience, Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks very much, I know we'll get it sorted out eventually! Now the Fronius disappeared from my CCGX pages and from the VRM, although they still show up in the settings menu, and things still work. Sigh!

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image gumalu commented ·

Hi do you know is there a solution no for this problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image
gumalu answered ·

Hi i have exactly the same problem no option "multiphase"

2 comments
2 |3000

I emailed Fronius about it and this was their response:

Please click on the link below and go to page 95. You need to change the model number that you need. The default setting is 101.

https://www.fronius.com/~/downloads/Solar%20Energy/Operating%20Instructions/42%2C0410%2C2049.pdf

Meanwhile Victron support forced mine into multiphase (not sure how). This didn't change anything other than now, the Fronius inverters don't show on the CCGX interface (apparently Fronius multiphase isn't supported for this). The numbers on the VRM are messed up now too.

It's frustrating and difficult to explain to customers why things aren't working the way they are described.

0 Likes 0 ·
gumalu avatar image gumalu vincent commented ·

Hi do you still have the problem? or is there a fix now?

0 Likes 0 ·
hindssight avatar image
hindssight answered ·

Hi I have exactly the same problem, no option to select multiphase!

2 |3000

ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

I have a SolarEdge SE10000H-US inverter, also split-phase (L1+L2+N), and could not figure out an option to configure the device to split-phase output, right now my CCGX sees all the PV on L1. Additional support for split-phase configuration in the firmware would be great.

2 |3000

gustavo-rocha avatar image
gustavo-rocha answered ·

someone solved this problem?

7 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Gustavo Rocha

This was solved long ago, what issue are you experiencing?

0 Likes 0 ·
gustavo-rocha avatar image gustavo-rocha Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

When setup Fronius out Victron split phase, the information about Fronius delete

Using just like L1 the fronius show de information but incorrect information because have generation in L2

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ gustavo-rocha commented ·

Hi @Gustavo Rocha

I'm sorry, I think some information got lost in translation.. I can't make sense of your text...

0 Likes 0 ·
gustavo-rocha avatar image gustavo-rocha Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
fronius-ve.png (125.9 KiB)
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ gustavo-rocha commented ·

Hi @Gustavo Rocha

Ah that clears up things, thanks.

what is the VRM id or name of this installation?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Ricardo Ecoville

35.165.124.40;33337

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Gustavo Rocha

Ok, got the answer, you need to set the Fronius to 'sunspec', see this part of the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/configuration.html#UUID-634c2829-76e8-4e0a-522b-32bbe2cd1c92

0 Likes 0 ·