question

mrtn2104 avatar image
mrtn2104 asked

Charging Lead Carbon Batteries

Hi, could you please tell me what charger settings I will require to charge Victron Lead Carbon batteries with my new Victron MutiPlus inverter/charger. Thanks.........Martin

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi Martin,

see the Lead Carbon Batteries datasheet:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Lead-carbon-battery-EN.pdf

It should contain every information you need, to setup your Multis charging parameters.

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sud avatar image sud commented ·
Hi Markus

the data sheet isn’t very informative at all, did you ever find any more information on the lead carbons?

regards

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ sud commented ·
Hi @Sud ,

the datasheet contains all info needed, to set up a charge controller for these batteries.

The Voltage values are posted below.

Yes, they are not single numbers and represents a window. It depends how you are going to use the batteries.

E.g.: it makes a difference, if you are going to do a major cycle a few times a week, or if the batteries are going to sit fully charged for weeks, waiting to be used maybe once a month and get a top off charge everyday by PV.

If they sit for longer time fully charged, i would go for lower end values, If they are in daily cycle use, I would go for higher end values.

If you are not sure, take the golden middle for Abs. and Float and leave all the other options default.

BR

0 Likes 0 ·
mrtn2104 avatar image
mrtn2104 answered ·

Thank you Markus, much appreciated!!

2 |3000

JohLil avatar image
JohLil answered ·

Hi! Sorry for hijacking this tread, but I'm also looking for some more detailed recommendation for a good charging profile for these batteries. The datasheet is not very specific:

For example it "says charged a rate not exceeding 0,2C" and it has this table of charge voltages:
1613056624938.png

For example:

• Whats the recommended settings in Victrons own SmartSolar MPPT solar controller?
  • What's the recommended absorption time?
  • What's the temperature compensation?

The datasheet (https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-GEL-and-AGM-Batteries-EN.pdf) for Victrons AGM and GEL batteries are much more detailed.

1613056624938.png (45.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

sud avatar image sud commented ·
Hi, did you et find anything more detailed than that poor data sheet that people refer too?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ sud commented ·
@Sud you keep asking in different threads.

Nothing else has been made available. Please use standard AGM or Gel settings for any you're missing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic