question

web-scaner avatar image
web-scaner asked

Is it possible to use a 3 phase grid tied system used as UPS with AC solar?

We have a 3ph Quattros system that functions as a UPS at the time. I want to connect 2 Fronius Symo Inverters on the system but since i have not obtained the feed in permission yet i want the power produced by the fronius inverters to be consumed in the building and not fed to the grid. The ESS assistant requires that the type of the grid to be determined is there any other assistant or way of system connection to combine the 3 systems all together. The function should be as follows The system shall work on solar power in absence of solar power it will feed in from the grid and in case that the grid goes down it will work as a UPS feeding the system from the batteries or the solar power. Is possible to set up such a system?

gridAC PV CouplingFroniusups
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

This is possible, though I would suggest DC PV instead. For this kind of advanced functionality, please get in touch with a local professional distributor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

web-scaner avatar image
web-scaner answered ·

Im a proffessional on the pv field since 2008 and im setting up a grid tie system like that for first time. My local distributors cannot help me since mini grid systems are not legal yet in my country is there an advice on how i can do it?

1 comment
2 |3000

Your distributors should get in touch with their Victron Sales Managers for training. Though if what you are trying to do isn't legal in your region I can see why you might have problems getting help from other professionals.

Sorry, but this kind of installation is more advanced than is possible for Victron to support on this online community. It is required to have a trained local distributor.

0 Likes 0 ·