question

pirx avatar image
pirx asked

Eliminate remaining grid usage

I've installed an ESS environment which compromises following components: MultiPlus II 5k (running fw 459), BYD Box Pro 7.5, CGGX with latest SW, EM24. I did all the settings recommended by the compatibility site. In general everything is working fine now .... accept that the system still draws small amounts of power from the grid. Please look at the red arrows on the next graph

What is this and how can I eliminate it? The battery has enough power and load to cover it. Look at the next graph showing the overall status taken at the same period of time.

So how to get rid of the 7% of remaining grid usage?

Multiplus-IIESSCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Just set the ESS setting grid set point to a negative number say 20watts power to re inject the ghost power loses back into the grid remember these Victron inverters are not grid meter accurate at all , and can be a bit out in there readings i have found out.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pirx avatar image pirx commented ·

Thanks for pointing me to the right screw. I will play around with this setting and observe the impact.

0 Likes 0 ·