question

suttridge avatar image
suttridge asked

MultiPlus II 48/5000/70 only shows "VE.bus Device" on Venus and VRM

Hi All,

Just installed a brand-new MultiPlus II 48/5000/70 hardware rev 3. It has 459 firmware. Venus GX has 2.30 firmware

On device lists in both remote console on LAN as well as VRM, the MultiPlus II just shows as a "VE.bus device", without its full name. This is the same as with Venus GX 2.23.

The Product shows as VE.bus device, and the Product ID shows as 2623.

Why does it not show the full name of the MultiPlus, like for my other installation which has a MultiGrid in it ? The MultiGrid shows as MultiGrid 48/3000/35-50.

By the way, I have tried rebooting the Venus GX, as well as doing the "redetect system" thing, but it still stays the same.

Thanks, Steve.

Below is a screenshot of my two installations, one with the MultiGrid showing its name correctly, the other with the MultiPlus II just showing as a "VE.bus device".

Multiplus-IIVRMVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It seems that is a bug.

Thanks for reporting. If you stay up to date with GX device software updates, it should be fixed soon.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Schalk van der Merwe avatar image Schalk van der Merwe commented ·

thx, also resolved it for me!! I upgraded to 261 and it displays perfectly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

first bof all install FW 459 and see ho0w you go

or for testing purposes reduce the cable length from the PM II to the CCGX to around 5 mtrs and see if that helps

1 comment
2 |3000

suttridge avatar image suttridge commented ·

Ah, sorry, it is already on 459 - that was a typo. The cable between the MultiPlus and the Venus GX is a standard 1m cable - all other information works fine - just the name of the product.

0 Likes 0 ·
juan manuel tirado avatar image
juan manuel tirado answered ·

I have the samme problema with fw 459 and CCGX with 2.30

2 |3000

Norbert avatar image
Norbert answered ·

Since Venus GX 2.31 it is displayed as "MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48".
Why ...70-48?
Is the suffix -48 a further bug or is my device different to a "MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-50", which I intended to buy?

wrong-product.png (18.1 KiB)
2 |3000