question

john2019 avatar image
john2019 asked

CCGX not detecting all the connected BYD battery modules

Hi, Every one

I recently setup a system with 3 Phase Quattro configuration and 16 of BYD Box L 2.5 kWh batteries.

I addressed all the batteries and connect to a BYD Box pro 10 BMU.

( I bought 1 BYD Box pro 10 panel with 4 batteries and 12 single batteries).

It works, however, when I connect the BMU to CCGX, the limit charge and discharge current is 140A, it seems only know 4 batteries, and the max voltage is 56.5 and min is 43.)

I just wonder whether I have to buy another BMU to manage total 16 batteries?

Thanks

BYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It is only possible to connect 1 BMU per system.

The BMU is able to manage up to 32 battery modules. So that is not the issue.

I would double check all the addressing, and the RS485 cables between the models and the cabinets.

There is more detail in the BYD manual:

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

byd-service avatar image
byd-service answered ·

Hello John,

Is the BMU LED blinking? How many times?

Which battery is showing a scrolling LED light? If dip switches are ok try replacing the COM cables before the batteries with the scrolling lights or even rearranging the batteries.

For 16 batteries you should have 4 cabinets. I don't understand what you mean with panel and only having 1 BMU. Can you send a photo?

2 |3000

guru2431 avatar image
guru2431 answered ·

Hi John, i think i habe the same Problem, whats your solution??

I recently upgraded a perfect running system with 1-phase multiplus and 1 BYD Box Pro 4x 2.5kWh battery,

with a second BYD Box Pro with 4x 2.5kw battery.

I have addressed and connected all the batteries correctly.

However, it works when I connect the BMU to CCGX, the limit charge and discharge current is 140A, it only seems to recognize a maximum of 4 batteries.

No matter how I combine the batteries, new and/or old. (of course always correctly addressed)

Only 4 are recognized. The remaining 4 batteries showing a scrolling LED light. (dip switches are ok configured, also COM cables ok)
BMU from first BYD box mit BMU from second BYD Box changed = same effect

Thanks Michael

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
As advised on the other threads you have opened, the GX does not interact with the rest of the pack only the master BMS. If the new modules aren't being reported you have a firmware/compatibility issue between the old/new modules and this needs to be addressed with BYD. It is nothing Victron can help with.
0 Likes 0 ·