question

mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly asked

VictronConnect for SmartSolar feature requests

Hi,

The App is quite nice, but what's annoying:

1. the App does not download the data for offline use. Should be easy doable and overwrite internal storage on new connect. Would help to look at the data when away from the camping car.

2. why don't you log more statistics? Would be great to see the sun effectiveness over the day. Would not have to be a minute based view, but maybe one value an hour or so. This detailed info would not have to be kept for a long period, lets say some days would be enough.

These two things would make it a perfect product for me.

BTW. I do use a MPPT 75/15 SmartSolar

MPPT ControllersVictronConnectfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

thanks for your sugestions

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

To add to Paul,

Thank you and I will pass them along to the developers.

0 Likes 0 ·
mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly answered ·

Thank you for forwarding the request.

I have one more:

As is think, the SmartSolar has a built in thermometer to calculate how to charge the batteries.

Why dont you also show us this value, so we can see more, what situation the charger is in ?

Or is there a way to read that information right now and I just did not see it ?

1 comment
2 |3000

technomadia avatar image technomadia commented ·

Definitely like this idea - a lot of chargers are in poorly ventilated areas, and it would be good to know how hot they get.

0 Likes 0 ·
mr-fly avatar image
mr-fly answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

Did you also see my additional request about temperature in the gui?

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.