question

Ebrahim Railoun avatar image
Ebrahim Railoun asked

#17 Master Failure 2 x Multiplus II 3kw in Parallel

My email address ebrahim@brighthousesolar.co.za

We have 2 x Installations. Same Error.

Multiplus-IIbattery chargingerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Good morning @ebrahim@brighthousesolar.co.za,

Sorry to hear about these problems. Everything there is to know about Error 17 is documented here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes

Try using different network cables, don’t use hand crimped cables, and see more instructions on that page.

Also, update firmware to latest version.

In case that does not help, then please contact your distributor.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dionne avatar image dionne commented ·

I have the same problem and after changing cables updating software and replacing the units we still could not resolve the error 17

Our last resort was to replace the two 5 kva inverters with a single 10 kva unit

Victron needs to address this after researching and seeing how many installations struggle with this error i think it is not related to hardware but a software issue and especially when interference from incoming supply power or possibly a ess issue when reference to mains happens ?

Victron should advise

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image mikeb dionne commented ·

Hi

Did you replace the 2 inverters for new ones ?

Regards

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
dionne avatar image dionne mikeb commented ·

Yes. Swopped one then the other after error 17 occurred again no difference

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi

Thanks for the reply

If there’s anything I can help with trying to find a similar cause etc

Please let me know

Offgridsolarsystems@hotmail.com

Regards

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi

Have you got anywhere with a solution or what you are trying to resolve your issue ?

Regards

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
dionne avatar image
dionne answered ·

No did not get a solution on the installation that had the issue we replaced the two 5 kva with a 10 kva so problem gone however future installations we would need to resolve Victron should investigate further and advise as it seems there are a few similar installations out there with the same issue @mvader

4 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Hi @Dionne
Most error17 problems are related to wiring issues, mostly in the VE.bus cables.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_17_-_original_master_missing

If that doesn't help, the installer / dealer / distributor can help you with further support.

@mikeb if you're still having problems, please contact your seller for support.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Dionne is there a GX Device in the system? Was that replaced as well?

That you a few Error 17s here on community frankly doesn’t mean much. There are hundreds if not thousands of parallel and three phase systems being installed.

So far, every single time it ended up in support, it was solved by first firmware updating, then replacing cables, and then if that didnt help also replacing GX device and the inverter chargers.

There has been, to my and rest of R&Ds knowledge, not been a single system of which the problems have not been solved by that. If I’m wrong, then let me know; including RMA number or another reference; so we can contact the distributor and check with the repairs department.

Thank you, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
luiszi avatar image luiszi mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Matthijs

I’ve issues with error 17 on a installation. I didn’t change any equipment so far, just updated the firmware to 2.30~51 (Krannich Spain did it). Should I ask them for a new color control gx to replace the one we have?

Thanks.

Luis Silva

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

Hi

Interesting you should mention changing the gx device too

Haven’t change the one on the installation I am having issues with

Regards mike

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual