question

debit avatar image
debit asked

New owner BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 -- can't find dongle connector

I feel foolish, but I cannot see where I put the dongle.

I just purchased this trailer, and controller is installed next to battery (not above) in a very small battery compartment. Is this ok? Many websites say not to install next to a battery due to potential gassing damage.

And, I don't know where to look (or feel) for the dongle connection spot.

Image is rotated for some reason. Yellow fuse(?) is at the top.

Bluetooth
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

debit avatar image debit commented ·

Also, there was a tiny black part inserted in the space next to the yellow 20A fuse(?), which I removed and of course now can't get back in (picture below). But it looks like it was in the area that a BlueTooth dongle might plug into. I don't know which slots it was in, looks like in the middle from my original picture above.

I'd appreciate any help you can give

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yes this is the VE.direct terminal were you can plug the BT-dongle.

The jumper is only to control the behavior of the load terminal and as I can see in your first picture you don't use that.

By default the jumper is between pin 2 and 3.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
debit avatar image
debit answered ·

After I pulled out the little plastic part, and studied the controller some more, it seems that I would plug the dongle into what I now see is a 4 pin white connection, just under the yellow thing that I think is a 20amp fuse. Am I right about that?

If so, does anyone know what the little plastic piece that I pulled out, in the photo above, is? It fit into 2 pins in the 4 pin connector, but doesn't seem to do anything at the other end. Just seems to be a plastic tab.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

It is a jumper to connect 2 pins together, used to select "battery management options". As explained in the page you have photographed.

Don't loose the jumper, you might need it later?

0 Likes 0 ·