question

kdrvsolar avatar image
kdrvsolar asked

VRM Remote Console IP Verification

Hi,

My Installation is in an RV and I provide internet via two different Cellular carriers into to router. I noticed that the VRM remote console works on Verizon, the carrier I used when setting up VRM and Venus. But when I switch my router to use ATT as the carrier, VRM Remote console does not work. I read about the Too Frequent IP Address verification issue in your support documents. Its not clear when it will allow a new IP providing it remains fixed long enough after a change. Or is there a way to tell VRM to accept a new IP? I am still running the internal WIFI on the venus. The USB wifi should arrive tomorrow.

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, you are referring to this document I suppose:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:troubleshooting_ccgx_vrm_connectivity

Every data transmission to VRM updates the IP address. so, when VRM Portal sending is configured to a one minute interval, it’s updating at a one minute interval.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kdrvsolar avatar image kdrvsolar commented ·

Yes, I am referring to to the "IP Address Verification" Section of that document. When I switched to ATT and the remote console stopped working, I waited for the Venus to update to VRM and retried, but remote console still did not work. Then I switched back to verizon and it started working again. So you believe after an IP address change, if the IP Address remains stable for an update or two from Venus to VRM that the remote console should start working again with the new IP address?

0 Likes 0 ·
kdrvsolar avatar image kdrvsolar commented ·

I again switched to ATT this morning, and Checked my IP using WhatIsMyIP.com. Then after a few hours checked again, confirming it remained unchanged. Then tried the Remote Console and it worked. So believe we are good here. Thx

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic