question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.30~47 available for testing

Dear testers,

Weā€™ve made this version available for testing just now. The changes in ~44 to ~47 are below.

Weā€™re getting closer and closer to the point where v2.30 will be made available officially.

For details of earlier changes in v2.30, see the previous post.

I wish you a good night or day,

Best regards, Matthijs

CAN-Bus BMS Batteries:

• Hide time to go field from the menus, since it was always empty. Less questions.

VE.Can:

• Add preliminary support for the new SmartSolars with VE.Can connection. Each MPPT is visible in VRM, even if on the same VE.Can device instance. An improvement: you can now monitor each individually on the GUI and on VRM while still making them operate in parallel as a group. For now, the VRM instance will not be stable, this means that device change their instance number, breaking graphs on VRM. This will be fixed before release.

• Internal changes that prepare for letting the user change can-bus device instances in the gui.

• CCGX only: Fix the can-bus being interrupted as wel as fix high cpu load under certain conditions.

VRM

• Add diagnostic info for when unable to transmit data to the VRM Portal.

Marine MFD

• Improve naming of BMV and triple output battery chargers in the Settings -> System Setup -> Battery Measurements config.

DVCC

• Shared Voltage Sense: Always prefer the VE.Bus voltage over others when there is no suitable battery monitor. This avoids a confusing situation where in some cases a solarcharger is used for voltage even though a Multi is present.

• Fix bug in earlier announced change that makes the BMS selection predictable. See earlier v2.30 beta change log for details. Thank you Wilco for reporting

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered Ā·

Hoi Matthijs,

Again after the update i could not login via remote...(waited 10min, before rebooting) i had to reboot the colorgx again and then all works fine.

Just to lett you know...

Grtz kristof

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @Kristof; thanks. is it ok if we login to you system to review some logs?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

You can, no problem.( never to ask, just login ;-) )

I did the update via remote (via vrm app). Not that that makes a diff. I think)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered Ā·

Just to report back that this update:

DVCC

• Shared Voltage Sense: Always prefer the VE.Bus voltage over others when there is no suitable battery monitor. This avoids a confusing situation where in some cases a solarcharger is used for voltage even though a Multi is present

Seems to finally have solved my case, reported here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/14051/dvcc-not-compensating-voltage-drop.html

Apparently now - with just one day of tests - the Multi reports the voltage seen at battery, not at MPPT and the MPPT effectively rises the output voltage a bit, compensating the slight voltage drop. Indirect effect is the SOC working much better above 85%, as the voltage clearly is different by some mV in absorption phase.

Congratulations Victron!

2 |3000

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered Ā·

Matthijs,

Dont know if something has changed on the freq. Shifting for the inverters on the output. But my ABB on output 1 is working perfect with the freq. Shifting.

In the beginning full power and now 600a700w ( before he went complete down and restarted)

Thx for that

Kristof

Edit: this was posted to early..lol.. just went down and up again...nevermind ;-)

Will follow this up.

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered Ā·

Hi Guys, Think I may have found a Very obscure bug but I think its started in the version of the F/W or its because I am now using a BMS control thats triggers High Battery cell shutdow on the VE BMS

I am not sure if its a Venus F/W issue or a combination of both or just one

Here is the scenario that duplicates on my system

MP2 48-5000 F/F 459

Grid Tie 5Kw Inverter using F/S to control (and this does work)

VE BMS using a 123smart BMS control (one relay for High one for low voltage triggers

Venus F/W latest release candidate 47

Assistants in use

Gen Flag ignor AC1 in

Ac Sensor

Ess setup (Ill attach my full config

Relay on

Relay off

Now using Gen Auto start I was able to turn the Grid on and off using ac in 1

Now if the VE BMS charge is shut down but BMS loads are on

and if I turn off the Grid by using the gen autostart stop feature

then

yes it turns off the Grid

However the Venus GX Looses its connection out the either-net port so I am dead for a remote connect

however I can still reconnect using the internal Venus GX Wifi and connect 172.24.24.1 this still works but I still cant turn the grid back on, The normal control panel opens ok and I can access everything.

only solution is to remove the Genflag assistant using VE Config via a MK2 then all works ok and the Ethernet port is active again

Now last week when this happened first time and I left it I had a runaway battery voltage of 65 volts, I dont know if this was the cause It was NOT solar as it happened at 10pm at night. you can see this in the VRM log

Other stuff that I did also was to add a BMV700 and also to turn on DVCC as well.

These may also be cause by the above and I see a few others using gen flag on the forum reporting some high voltages as well.

But I have NOT been able to reproduce that effect yet

I dont really know if its the firmware 47 or the new BMS trigger in the VE BMS but the venus should NOT loose its network connection.

Hope this is of help

I cant add the attachment so if you need my config logon through the VRM and download it, add gen flag back in and you should get the issue.

or let me Know and Ill send it to you

Paul

Ok have just done some further testing and can confirm

that if the VE BMS has got a High voltage trigger and the red light is on on the unit

then

1. the Venus device will loose its Ethernet connection. only way to connect is with the inbuilt wifi

2. the General Flag control will not work, ie you cant turn it of or off

3. the Inverter will not reconnect to the mains until the over voltage trigger on the VE BMS is removed or the gen Flag is removed

1558147107207.png (26.9 KiB)
1558147210343.png (26.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered Ā·

I have tried to use the Factory reset button on the Venus unit however the factory reset does not seem to work. as it does nothing, is there a way to have this working in this version of the F/W

2 |3000

jerry34 avatar image
jerry34 answered Ā·

Savez vous quelle est la version 2.30 ~ 48 ???

Merci.

2 |3000

Related Resources