question

william avatar image
william asked

Multiplus firmware update problem

We have Multiplus 2612206. Trying to update to 2612431.

1. I have run VEConfigure to backup assistants and the settings.

2. I disconnect our CCGX and BVM700 by unplugging the RJ45 cable from the Multiplus.

3. Multiplus is on, inverting, the MK3 interface is not connected to Multiplus but is connected to laptop.

4. I run VEFlash, select firmware file 2612431.vff, assign correct port.

5. 'Connect part 1', I turn off the Multiplus by disconnecting the battery, connect the MK3 interface to the Multiplus RJ45 socket.

6. 'Connect part 2', I reconnect the battery to the Multiplus.

7. All LEDs on the Multiplus are now lit. Not sure what this signifies.

8. Cannot proceed to next step in the flasher.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I don't disconnect the battery, just turn it off at the switch on the front panel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

william avatar image
william answered ·

Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·
2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff) Thanks, I did see that before. My mistake was that I disconnected the battery instead of using the front panel switch. I have now successfully updated the firmware.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic