question

rainerb avatar image
rainerb asked

VRM Dashboard – Consumption overview is misleading for 1-phase ESS systems with activated Venus GX phase compensation

Hello,

According to the „Last 24h/7d/30d“ diagrams in the VRM portal, someone could assume, that I use a lot of grid power. In fact, the meter of my grid company shows me a total consumption of only 4kWh(!) for the last full month (last 30 days).

Ok, it is true that a lot of power comes from one grid phase but that is nearly 100% compensated by the battery power on the other phase. I’m running a 1-phase ESS system with activated phase compensation. And exactly that is unfortunately not considered when calculating the above VRM diagrams and charts.

A test with my dishwasher (17:30 to 18:30) on phase L2 shows that nearly everything is compensated by the Multiplus 24/3000 on L1 (from battery).

Battery power (discharge) at the same time period

Consumption tab at the same time period

Here comes my issue - you can now see a lot of grid power usage, but in my opinion there should be nearly everything blue (battery usage).

For me, the above diagrams are quite worthless and it would be fine to have some VRM settings to change the behavior of the consumption calculations with activated phase compensation.

Any ideas how to improve this?

Best regards

Rainer

VRM
1556616287676.png (38.5 KiB)
system-grid.png (54.0 KiB)
1556616484736.png (60.7 KiB)
1556616501964.png (32.8 KiB)
1556616535405.png (16.9 KiB)
1556616628424.png (20.2 KiB)
1556617183263.png (17.3 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainerb avatar image rainerb commented ·

Has anyone running a system configuration like me and can confirm this (1-phase ESS system with GX phase compensation)? Or maybe does this VRM issue only affect my system?

Regards

Rainer

0 Likes 0 ·
Janek Plathe avatar image Janek Plathe rainerb commented ·

Mine to, at least now I know what’s the problem :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @RainerB, thanks for this. This indeed sounds nice improvement. I'll keep it in mind for when we improve those energy calculation & attribution algorithms.

For now; its just what it is, I'm afraid.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi mvader,

thank you for the information! At least I know that there is nothing wrong with my system settings.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
stenis avatar image stenis commented ·

I have the same configuration and I see the same issue. So I understand that a solution is not priorized, correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
gest avatar image
gest answered ·

Hi @RainerB and @mvader,

I also wondered me about the behaviour. It's already a year ago, as I tried to describe it here: http://disq.us/p/1rbjikl.

So I would also be interested in a solution.

Kind regards

Gerhard

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Gerhard,

I am "glad" that I am not the only one with this issue. Unfortunately it seems that this ESS phase compensation configuration is not used by so many people, though it is a very cool feature.

I hope Victron will improve this anyway.

Regards

Rainer

0 Likes 0 ·
chris2 avatar image
chris2 answered ·

Hi, it seems that this issue still exists. I´m also facing wrong grid data with a new Multiplus-II installation, ESS, 1-phase, phase compensation.

1 comment
2 |3000

uarg avatar image
uarg answered ·

Is there a solution or are we forced to exchange the ET340 with the EM24? The data is there and correct and just has to be interpreted right. Is there progress going on?

2 |3000