question

mildred avatar image
mildred asked

Can an energy meter ET112 provide similar functionnality to a new CPU Multiplus on Venus OS and VRM ?

I have an older multiplus with a legacy CPU and control board that cannot report cumulated energy from its AC inputs/outputs. Because of that, I cannot see nice graphs in VRM about the energy used from the grid and thd energy obtained from the PV.

I would like to keep my Multiplus because it works well otherwise. I was wondering if I could install an ET112 energy meter at the AC input of the multiplus to get the same functionnality.

I'm not adverse at writing a service to generate proper data stream in Venus OS. My questions are:

- Theorically, if I mkdify VenusOS, can the ET112 provide simikar functionnality?

- Does it work out of the box ?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVRMVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @mildred, theoretically, anything is possible :-).

Some things will work, but others wont: the system might not know how much energy from ac in was used to charge the battery, vs how much went to ac loads. Etcetera. To be honest, I don’t know what will work and what not. You’ll have to try to find out I’m afraid.

What you can do as well is read the code in /opt/victronenergy/vrmlogger.

The code for the energy calculations is in there, kwhdeltas.py, I think. Its been a while that I looked at that.

Success! Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mildred avatar image mildred commented ·

Thank you. I believe it should work because I also have a BMV-700 battery nonitor that control what goes to the battery. And a second ET112 device can probably detect what goes to AC loads.

0 Likes 0 ·
yuwire avatar image
yuwire answered ·

@mildred did you ever get this working? I'm curious to know if it worked. I'm looking at doing the same thing.

2 |3000