question

michelp avatar image
michelp asked

mutiplus-ii without grid

Before getting multiplus-II , I need to understand if this scheme is working well

Solar pannels and wind turbine connectet on the AC_out2 and no grid line availaible

Load connected to ac_out2 also

I hope the PV send energy to loads and if they product more than load needs the remainder energy fill the battery pack

does this works?

Multiplus-II
energy.png (99.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, that is how it works.
Why do you want to have it on AC-OUT2? This one has a relay which can open under certain (programmable) conditions, then your downstream inverters will cut off for sure.
AC-OUT1 has no break, so it would be better to use this output.

Remember, if the battery gets full and there is still too much energy from wind and PV then MultiPlus will push the AC frequency up until the grid inverters cut off (52Hz for example).
Is the wind inverter capable of braking the wind turbine or dumping the energy when it is cut off by frequency shifting?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi WKirby, as far as I know the Multiplus II does not have any relay on AC2 out only the Multiplus and the quattros have this relay

The multiplus II AC2 out is directly connected to AC1 in, NO relay there

in the above diagram they should be connecting the grid tie units to AC1 out otherwise the freq shifting will not occur

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende boekel ♦ commented ·

How can i see if my Multiplus II 5000 is HW Rev > 03 ?

Thanks

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Meine_Energiewende commented ·

look at the images of the underside of the units in the document linked above, the bottom one is 'old' and has been replaced a long time ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
michelp avatar image
michelp answered ·

Thanks to all for your remarks

I need to connect on AC1 out what ever the case of my multiplusII system hardware

Very intresting remark from WKirby , i have a look on it

2 |3000