question

abrahamsolar avatar image
abrahamsolar asked

Can VRM send an email if generator fails to auto start?

Hello, I've studied this page: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:alarms

...and this page: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:generator_start_stop

...and in the Color Control GX , I've set AC input 2 on the Quattro for "Generator"...and I've set the CCGX relay for Generator start/stop...

...and on the "Generator start/stop" menu in CCGX I've set "Auto start functionality" to on and I've gone to "Settings" within the "Gen start/stop" menu & set to "Detect generator at AC input"...

...and I've seen this image on the CCGX display:

So I'm making progress but I need the alarm to result in an email to the generator repair technician. I went to Alarm Rules on the VRM portal, chose to add an alarm to the CCGX then I bogged down. Under alarm parameter "AC IN 2" there's an on/off slider for "Generator" & under parameter "Generator Run Reason" there are ten more sliders...none of which jump out as the obvious choice for completing the email alert setup.

Just a bit of coaching from the Community should complete this tutorial on how to set up email generator alerts. Thanks & Jolliness.

CCGX Color ControlGenerator
1555067443528.png (70.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @abrahamsolar, yes. VRM can send you an alarm email for this. There is no need to self create alarm rules for it, enabling the automatic alarm monitor is enough.

This item was missing in the list of the vrm alarms documentation; I added it just now.

After setting everything up; I recommend to test it: start the generator from the menus, while somehow preventing it from actually starting or powering the Multi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.