question

tiaangreensun avatar image
tiaangreensun asked

Cannot access the color control remotely, what could be the cause?

CCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Please tell us more. Do you have it networked to VRM portal, etc?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

As JohnC said, we do need more info. To get it working out of the box you need to enable remote console on VRM, click on disable password and reboot the color control.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tiaangreensun avatar image tiaangreensun commented ·

Hi, yes, everything is enabled as it should be, the site sends data to vrm, but I can't get on to the console display.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw tiaangreensun commented ·

How good is your internet connection? I use a 4G modem in a relatively poor signal area and find that timeout occasionally although data is uploaded to VRM. I also think there may be a connection lag when the colour control is uploading and you are trying to connect at the same time. Purely guess work for now as I may be unable to connect to the console for a few hours, but data is still uploaded to the portal. Somehow it always returns without the need for reboots.

0 Likes 0 ·
Talfan Stamps avatar image Talfan Stamps commented ·

Thanks, done as usual. I have just installed another color control and yet again. The same problem

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi,

Have you read through this troubleshooting document and followed all the tests and recommendations?

Edit; updated link -

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-c6032252-9e32-f3d3-57ea-e6978bb0f62c

1 comment
2 |3000

Talfan Stamps avatar image Talfan Stamps commented ·

This link is redirected twice and does not end up showing the troubleshooting page...

0 Likes 0 ·
Talfan Stamps avatar image
Talfan Stamps answered ·

I am having the same problem, not with 1 but 2 systems now. Everything is enabled and disabled as it should be, I've done everything I normally do using the venus or cerbo. The data is updating to VRM but there is no realtime link, on both systems. I can download and upload veconfig, but can't open the remote. I don't know if this is related but I could not connect to the gx with the MK3, I tried until I was spitting insults and then used the online method.

3 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

MK3-USB interface is used to connect to the Multiplus or Quattro inverters (from a PC), not with GX devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
Talfan Stamps avatar image Talfan Stamps seb71 commented ·

Sorry you're right, I meant to the vebus/multiplus

0 Likes 0 ·

Please see this manual on the realtime VRM feature - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:dashboard#real_time_data

Note, I also updated the other CCGX VRM troubleshooting manual link below that was out of date.

0 Likes 0 ·