question

ettienne avatar image
ettienne asked

Multiplus II info monitoring

What device is the best to monitor basic information about battery and remaining power without spending a lot of money on the Victron color control GX? Will the Ve.bus smart dongle be an good option to link to the Multiplus II to view information on your phone or tablet? Or is there better options that is not too expensive?

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Raspi going headless is cheap way of doing it. Then you can monitor from anywhere, WiFi

VRM portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

A BMV 712: battery monitor with bluetooth

But you don't tell what kind of system you have: other options might be better / cheaper / easier

This might also work:

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-bus-smart-dongle

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ettienne avatar image ettienne commented ·

I have a MultiPlus II 48/3000 inverter charger with 4 x 200ah Gel AGM batteries. I bought the MK-3 USB (VE.Bus to USB) to do the necessary setup. I am looking for something to give me basic information on the running of the system without having to connect my notebook to the MK3 - USB every time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Noisy Boysie avatar image Noisy Boysie ettienne commented ·

anoyingly adding a new cebro gx with bluetooth and wifi still donest let you connect to the multiplus with victron connect, this seems a bit silly really given it can connect via the same bus you have to use if using a mk3, like you while i have a mk3 you cant see the device using vicron connect with out directly connecting to it.

it would seem to me connecting to a wifi device like a cebro you shoudl also from there also be able to see all the ve.bus devices connected to that cerbo with victron connect with out having to use remote console or vrm, vicron connect gives a far better visual view of the multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·
nigelfxs avatar image
nigelfxs answered ·

Hi Ettienne

You can run the CCGX firmware on the relatively inexpensive Raspberry Pi - see https://www.victronenergy.com/live/open_source:ccgx:installing_ccgx_func_on_raspberry_pi

1 comment
2 |3000

ettienne avatar image ettienne commented ·

Thank you Nigel but this sounds very complicated to me. I will look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
the-salmon avatar image
the-salmon answered ·

Hello @etienne! Any update on this topic? Which solution did you choose?

2 |3000