question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

Ve bus smart dongle issues with multiplus compact 12/1600

Since adding an lithium battery and installing the VE assistance, the smart dongle isn't switching the multiplus! I have the functionality on the app, but the actual multiplus isn't switching.

The only actual thing I have done is switch the dip switches as per the instructions, (DIP 1 on DIP 2 off) when adding the assistance. this was working perfect before with lead acid batteries, but I'm being told that because I now have a Victron lithium battery with a VE Bus, the dongle will now not work!! This doesn't seem right to me. help please?

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Did you connect the smart dongle to the 'remote panel' side of the BMS's VE.bus connector?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

big-ste avatar image
big-ste answered ·

No I left it connected within the multiplus, is that ok to do, as the smart dongle gets its own power supply!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic