question

matthias avatar image
matthias asked

Induktionskochfeld Multiplus Compact 12V 1200 Watt 50A

Hallo und guten Tag

Ist es ein Problem ein Induktionskochfeld an einem Compact Multiplus 1200 12V zu betreiben.

Das Kochfeld hat zwar eine Leistung von 2100 Watt ( Laut technischen Daten)

Aber es hat auch 12 Stufen und beim Einschalten hat es Stufe 8 und das bedeutet 1000Watt ca.

Dann müsste es doch an dem Compact zu betreiben sein, wenn man nicht auf Vollgas stellt oder?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ripper avatar image ripper commented ·

Kommt auf das Kochfeld an. Ich habe zB ein Caso D21, dieses pulst bis Stufe 5 oder so mit 1000 Watt und unterschiedlicher Einschaltzeit. Das sollte er können. Darüber wirds dann eng.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ich vergass, ausserdem ist das nachlaufen des Lüfters nervig und der Standbyverbrauch mit 4 Watt völlig daneben. Jedes Mal den Stecker ziehen find ich irgendwie doof

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Maybe this will be possible.
It is difficult to answer for sure because the Power Factor of the induction hob is unknown. What happens to the power factor at different levels? The answer is not easy to find without testing it.
Another problem is the inrush current, is there a surge in current when changing power level also.

I want to try this experiment myself one day with my induction hob, but my MultiPlus is 3000 24V so maybe it will be OK for me and nothing to learn.

Sorry, for no real answer. Maybe if you can find out the Power Factor by using a plug-in energy meter device.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I have the old Multi 3000 and a 2000 W induction plate. It pulses with 1000W till step 5 and ups the wattage from there. It works of course, its very annoying though. On low settings the multi fan spins up full throttle, the plate pulses off, the multi fan spins slow, plate pulses on, multi spins up, fan on the plate spins up and later down and so on. Makes for quite a racket in my little shed. Looking for a regular 7 step plate now. First try was a bimetal switch one. Thats a bit harsh on the batteries with 1800W on off for my liking.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Probably not, as most induction hobs use higher power (full power or not, that I don't know) intermediately on lower settings.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Some of them do this at the really low settings, kind of pulsing on for a second or two then off for a second or two. Usually this happens when it is no longer possible to maintain a field with the pot with any lower continuous power.

0 Likes 0 ·
porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

I have tried this with a 2000 unit. While a hotplate works for a longer time at identical power it has problems with continuous powering a 2000W induction hob at 3/4 (~ 1600W average) of power. The hob has 9 levels. At level one it is already 1100W average for a few seconds. I wouldn't do this to a Multi 1200. This would probably only work a few minutes until the unit gets hot. To heat up a small cup of tea it maybe could work. I recommend to try that before but i would at least take a 1600 and then only use the low level.

2 |3000