question

mac74 avatar image
mac74 asked

Victron IP65 15amp charger help, how to trigger new test cycle?

Hello all, i have just bought the victron blue smart IP65 15amp bluetooth charger and was needing a bit of help.

1. When i have charged one battery up, and then i remove the croc clips to put on my next battery for charging, the charger wont recognise what i have done and goes straight to bluk or absorption on the next batt? It will only start from the first test cycle if i unplug it for say 10 seconds, IS THIS NORMAL? I ask this because the ctek i have will start a fresh charge cycle every time i remove the croc clips.

2. If i also try to start a new cycle via the phone, the same as above?

Please help, thanks m

battery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mac74 avatar image mac74 commented ·

So nobody owns a IP65 charger????

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Apologies for the delayed response.
You should be able to trigger a new cycle by pressing the mode button.
If you refer to section 3.4 (page 9) of the manual, it describes two different ways to manually trigger a new cycle.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Blue-Smart-IP65-Charger-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-FI.pdf

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mac74 avatar image mac74 commented ·

Yes when i try to start a new cycle during a charge, either with the mode button or taking off the croc clips and putting them straight back on, the cycle will start at the SAME point in the charge cycle as it was when i took them off, or by pressing the mode button. It will only start a NEW cycle when i unplug it 30secs a reconnect it, and ONLY then will it start from the FIRST test cycle? So the question is: Sould it start from test cycle every time i break the charge cycle via the mode button OR taking off the croc clips? (AS MY CTEK DOES) thank you m

0 Likes 0 ·
mac74 avatar image mac74 mac74 commented ·

Im just wondering if i have a fault unit? so i can get it changed. Thanks m

0 Likes 0 ·
mac74 avatar image mac74 mac74 commented ·

bump up...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic