question

dionne avatar image
dionne asked

Error 17 on ve bus multiplus

Hi Mvader Have a problem two 5 kva multis in parallel periodic error 17 most time early morning when batteries sit on set soc and client increases load changed comms cables updated firmware to433 swopped master and slave no luck

Any advice really frustrating for client

error
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin Coetzee avatar image Martin Coetzee commented ·

Hi i am also still having this about once a week and system shuts down, there is a new update out that i installed. swopped invertors new cables, reinstalled assistants. Only happens when it is running of mains after minimum SOC has been reached. if it doesnt switch to mains it runs fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

A on going issue a few of us are having i think

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

Can I just ask is there any AC-dc converters being used ? ie for a internet router etc etc ?

Regards

Mike

4 comments
2 |3000

dionne avatar image dionne commented ·

Only a wifi router connected to the colour control

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image mikeb dionne commented ·

With a AC to dc adaptor ?

0 Likes 0 ·
dionne avatar image dionne mikeb commented ·

No adapter it plugs direct into the ccgx with a usb so it will be direct dc fed from the batteries to the ccgx

0 Likes 0 ·
dionne avatar image dionne dionne commented ·

It is just a wifi extender to connect to the clients own router which will then be ac

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

But to be honest i doubt you will get any where with Victron on it

2 |3000

mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

Hi

Had one of my systems give a error 17 ve bus this morning at 3.40am

Last time it went in to error was on the 24th March so that best part of 3 weeks of running with no issue.

Very disappointing

Regards

Mike

1 comment
2 |3000

Lawrence avatar image Lawrence commented ·

So this is the one where you thought either the no load or the router AC DC adaptor was the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lawrence avatar image
Lawrence answered ·

The frustrating thing is that the Error 17 is the slave saying its lost the Master. Every time we get it, the Master is showing an OK Code. "The inverter can invert but it shut down because of a failure of something else in the system" . There is no help or indication as to what it was that caused the Master to drop out. If its an RJ45 issues why is the master dropping out? If its a dc cable resistance issue why does it not drop the slave and carry on? Its seems to me that its not a very robust system.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic