question

Evan Breeden avatar image
Evan Breeden asked

BMV disappears from Bluetooth

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help. I have just purchased the BMV 712 Smart and setup a test environment for it. Whilst i am very impressed with the features, i have now have two instances in less than 2 days where i can no longer see the device via BT on my phone. The solution has been to kill power to the BMV and turn back on again which instantly resolves the connection but i lose my SOC (pita with lithium batteries).

I note that there is option 71 in the manual to turn BT on and off, however the MBV stops at option 70.... it looks like a firmware issue to me, anyone else seen a similar issue?

Thanks.

Evan.

BMV Battery MonitorBluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Todd Wallace avatar image Todd Wallace commented ·

i'm not sure if you got a solution to your issue, but I noticed the same thing about missing "option 71" on my BMV-712 and hope someone out there can explain why its missing? do I have the wrong firmware so it doesnt realize its a 712 smart version?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

If it happens again, next time try to shut down & restart the app instead.

If that doesn't work try to shut down the app the restart the phone instead.

The few times its played up for me this has always worked.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nightcrawler avatar image nightcrawler commented ·

Same here. I've always just restarted the app. On one occasion it was the case that the BMV seemed to hold onto a connection that wasn't there anymore and I couldn't re-connect. In that case, I waited 5-10 minutes and tried again at which point it worked.

0 Likes 0 ·
swampbush avatar image
swampbush answered ·

If you unpair the bluetooth connection in your phone and repair it it will reappear in the victron app.

2 |3000

Evan Breeden avatar image
Evan Breeden answered ·

Thanks All, Running it though another full cycle again and will try out these options. Hoping to archive some reliability.

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page