question

dr-gerhard-baier avatar image
dr-gerhard-baier asked

BMV712 in the Venus GX - VRM-portal

I use a Venus GX and I tried to connect my BMV712 to it. I can see the BMV in the VRM-portal but I cannont configure the conditions for the BMV-Relais. This works good with my computer (via VE.direct to USB) but not with the Venus. And the computer presentation is also better than the Venus GX portal - presentation. ??

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether answered ·

You cannot configure the BMV via the VRM or Venus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dr-gerhard-baier avatar image
dr-gerhard-baier answered ·

Hi - thanks for the answer.

But according to your answer the Venus is not useful for the BMV. I have only one connection via VE.direct.

If I use the Venus I can only see a few informations from the Venus (no Status of the Relais …) and I cannot configure the BMV or change the configuration. And the remote console is very slow and I need many screens to get some informations.

If I connect it to the Computer via USB I can configure the BMV and read it in a fast way and in one quite good screen - but not over the Internet.

I was happy with the good screen on the Computer - but the Venus solution is really bad!

Do you really believe that anybody uses the Remote Console in the Venus GX. I tried to read all manuals you provide but there is no other presantation. I hope that I am wrong - otherwise this is not Victron quality I am used to.

Best regards

Gerhard Baier

5 comments
2 |3000

Ole Saether avatar image Ole Saether commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
rodineicf avatar image rodineicf commented ·

Hi, you cannot configure any BMV or MPPT´s with the Venus (you only see info), you have to use the bluetooth dongle to configure any of those or in the MPPT´s with bluetooth just with the app Victron Connect.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Re the slow Remote Console on VRM, I agree it is very slow. I've always assumed it was my distance to the (German?) server. I pinged it just now, and got up to 600mS, which is bad, but not Victron's fault. In my case the other side of the world.

'Remote on LAN' can be used for instant access if you're local, you just need the GX lan address. Maybe you can get that from a local router, or via VRM. Just go Device List > Gateway. Type just those blue numbers into a separate browser and you have responsive & fast local access. Or just click on it.

0 Likes 0 ·
dr-gerhard-baier avatar image dr-gerhard-baier JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hallo, thanks for the answer!

Before I used the web screen I connected directly through my WLAN to the BMV712. I did not recognized - or believe- that the BMV is such slow. And in the first Setup I swiched to Czech language because the screen did not change for seconds. It was quite a Job to find the way back to German language (with an online dicionary trying to understand the messages…. . So what I mean: Also in local Service the System ist too slow. I use many similar applications … Fritzbox, Tigo, … and they work well local and on web - but not the Venus.

I read the comments about the next Generation Software. In my opinion: For this Job you need another programmer. The programmer of the BMV did a good work. The Information ist on one screen and looks good. Tell the Venus-Web-programmer to provide at least a similar screen.

For the meantime: I read the info about the USB-solution, but if I use my USB-cable from BMV to Venus, I still cannot configure the BMV relais.

Sorry for my comments, but I wanted to finish the Installation.

Gerhard Baier

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Riley avatar image Michael Riley dr-gerhard-baier commented ·

For information: I use the direct (IP) address using the WIFI connection (with an additional USB mini WIFI stub and it is very responsive (on the MacBook Pro). I use Bluetooth for the BMV - again very responsive. Does not solve that BMV requirement.

0 Likes 0 ·