question

moleman avatar image
moleman asked

Change the Administrator on CCGX

I'm trying to connect to CCGX via the VRM and make myself the administrator, but each time i do it sends request to the existing administrator. The existing administrator has gone bust so I have no access, but I want the user (not us - we sold Victron kit on behalf of the original administrator as part of larger solar package) to have access with us the administrator. Is there a way to make this happen without the existing administrator?

VRMCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Maybe it's changed, but Guy has explained the procedure here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1485/administrator-of-the-installation.html

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

moleman avatar image moleman commented ·

It says contact the dealer from whom the part was purchased, but unfortunately they are no longer operating. Who's next to contact?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ moleman commented ·

Maybe here. https://www.victronenergy.com/contact Sales managers tend to be findable, so you should be able to contact someone nearby.

Also, maybe add your email address to your profile here and report back if you have issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
moleman avatar image moleman JohnC ♦ commented ·

Thanks JohnC I've made contact with the sales manager. my local dealers haven't replied so still waiting for a more detailed answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
kfl avatar image
kfl answered ·

I had the same issue and managed to resolve through victron support. I gave them the serial number of the controller, when i bought it and who installed it - they reset the unit and I re-registered it using my details as the first contact.

If you are not the primary contact you are always at the mercy of your installer and its difficult to change installer when they focus on supporting new sales instead of supporting previous sales.

2 |3000