question

longgun avatar image
longgun asked

Different Manufacturers

Can I ask if mixing different components from differing manufacturers is ok? For example I have a Stirling B2B charger, a victron inverter/charger, an Epever MPPT and a couple of Valence lithium batteries. Sorry if I sound a bit naive- I'm new on configuring things out!

Cheers

VEConfigure 3system designsystem integration
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

Yes, but dont expect them to be able to talk to each other.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai avatar image
kai answered ·

Expanding on Sean's response, you might be able to get the primary functions like charging working. But any coordination / "smart" behaviour that requires component from one vendor passing status information to component from another vendor - that will likely not work unless additional design work is done.

e.g. getting the BMS to cut out charging on the charger, MPPT and Victron - you'll have to figure out how the interfacing works and if its practical.

2 |3000

longgun avatar image
longgun answered ·

I guess I'm one of those idealists who believe in a utopian world where we all talk to each other and especially off grid. I guess I better splash out on a victron mppt so things work! I just get the feeling we are governed by brands everywhere. Ok enough.... I will explore and thank you for your answers

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic